This is probably the cheapest and quickest Christmas present you will ever make. The best DIYs during the busy festive season are quick to make and have a great pay off. These jars look substantial but are really economical and make lovely gifts.
You will need:
Empty jars (One serving of this filled 3 large jars)
510g of normal white sugar
150ml cold water
1) Begin by wiping a baking tray down with olive oil.
2) Place the sugar and water in a sauce pan and boil on low heat until the sugar dissolves.
3) Increase the heat and let it bubble until it turns the colour of honey.
4) Stir the cashews through the mixture as fast as possible as once the sugar mixture sets it will be hard as cement!
5) Quickly pour the mixture onto the baking tray and let it cool. When it is warm loosen the brittle.
6) When the brittle has cooled completely use a meat tenderiser over a clean tea towel to break up the brittle into bite-sized pieces.
7) Put your gift into a nice jar and label it nicely for the one you love!
Happy DIYing and let me know if you make this for anyone! Merry Christmas.