It’s funny being back in Australia where everyone wants to be tanned and blonde. I did too as a kid, I didn’t want to stand out! Now as a 30 year old, after years of messing around with make up and getting loads of looks wrong, I’ve realised it’s much lower maintenance for my busy lifestyle to go with my natural skin (which is fair), my natural eye colour (which is black instead of wearing coloured contacts back in the noughties) and my natural hair which is also very dark.
For the last 5 years, when a woman’s beauty regime begins to solidify and you really do finally find out what’s best on you, I have been rocking what I’d like to think of as my “Modern 1950s Pin Up Make Up Look.” It’s a little bit Audrey Hepburn in the eye and a little bit Dita Von Teese in the lip and cheeks and I wear it almost daily. I just don’t wear the fake lashes to work. I honestly think if Gwen Stefani can wear red lippy to pick the kids up from school, I can also make it my daily staple.
I have been using liquid eyeliner since I was 13, so I have it down to a tea but I do have my favourite brand and I do have a lot of products to create that flawless finish for your skin. Here is a run down:
From left to right, top to bottom, here are the products I use to create the look:
1) Benefit Porefessional make up base.
2) Clinique BB Cream
3) Benefit 15 Hour Primer
4) Chanel Le Blanc Light Creator Powder Foundation
5) Diorshow Iconic Overhaul Mascara
6) Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat in shade O2
7) Benefit Perk Me Up Artist Concealer Kit
8) Silky Girl Precision Liquid Eyeliner in 01 Black (I have to have this sent from Singapore, I am obsessed and it’s only around AUD $10).
9) Silky Girl Long Wearing Lip liner in Red (I have had this since 2008, I still use it).
10) Ardel Brush On Eyelash Glue (If you’re in Australia, this stuff is the best! Available at Priceline Pharmacy).
11. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in Black (If you are Asian, this will change your world).
12. Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow in Vernau
13. CHANEL Poudre Signee De Chanel Illuminating Powder
14. Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Gilded Platinum
15. Chanel Rouge Allure No. 67 Excessive
16. A pair of false eyelashes
17. Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initiale
18. Chanel les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in No. 30